Monday, March 31, 2008

Giving the specified valve clearance




Early morning this day, I tune-up my Toyota pick-up because I noticed a couple of weeks ago that its performance is not so efficient. I hear engine knockings that is why I check all the parts inside to see what is really the cause of that knockings. I opened the rocker arm cover and check its proper valve clearance. I found out that its valve clearance is bigger than the specified clearance so I immediately perform engine tune up to meet the desired specifications.

I also check the spark plugs and I found out that the three spark plugs are experiencing oil fouled. The carburetor gives a rough idling sound, I turned the idle adjusting screw and the speed adjusting screw to have a correct balance. I also check the distributor if it has the correct timing. after 30 minutes of performing engine tune up, the engine is now back to its standard specifications and has a perfect settings. You can easily fix trouble to your car engine as long as you have the correct procedure in doing it and give a little of your technique.

1 comment:

John B. said...

hi mate! can you give the details of specific valve clearance and timings that you mentioned? gonna be having a jeep with a 12R.

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508