Tuesday, March 18, 2008

3 days of sleepless nights


Its early in the morning When I wake up to go to my parents house to assist my father to take his bath and the situation is very normal. It is an ordinary routine day for my fathers activity, by the way my father is a diabetic and a disabled person. He lost his right leg just below the knee due to severe cangrene as a result of high blood sugar and his pancreas is not giving enough insulin to regulate his blood sugar in his body. After he was finished with his morning bath,I push his wheelchair into the dining area to take his breakfast meal and suddenly after 5 minutes he chilled, a very extraordinary chill, then I run immediately to help him and ask him, what happened with you? and he answered I'm so cold so, I immediately run in front of the house where our neighbor doctor is residing, I called for help and the doctor immediately prepared his medical apparatus and went straight to my fathers house. My father is still chilling and the doctor said to me that his body temperature is normal and his heartbeat is also normal it would be better if you could bring him immediately into the nearest hospital so, I bring him to Sanitarium hospital. After arriving in the hospital, the nurses took care of him and immediately gave a couple of injectable shots, one is insulin and the other one is paracetamol. Hes condition is back to normal, he stops shaking after a couple of minutes. After that, he was admitted and brought him to a private room where he will stay for his medical treatment. He got a lot of medical test from chest x-ray, skull x-ray, blood test, blood pressure, urinal test and many more.... It seems that all is normal because he can talk, very much awake and conscious and suddenly after4 hours lying in the bedroom, he is chilling again just like what happened before so I immediately go straight to the nurse station and ask for help. I am asking a lot of questions in how to make him calm. That was really terrible because it was a long unusual chill. There are only nurses and no doctors during that time because most the people are busy with the araw ng Davao celebration plus it was the fight schedule of The peoples champ of the Philippines Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao versus Juan Manuel Marquez of Mexico. I felt that we were all helpless. I taught that day will be the end of everything. I see him in pain and his face is struggling for his life. His mouth keeps on opening seeking for an air to breath. Me and my brother are the ones who took care of him but I said to myself, all seems to have a beginning and an end. fortunately the struggle subsides and came back to normal. After a couple of hours, the doctor arrived to check him up, thank God..... Dr. Escalante check him up all possible symptoms that could lead him to chilling and the results are all normal excluding for one unfinished examination, the urinary tract examination. He said it is possible that my father has a urinary tract infection so the doctor instructed the nurse to get some urine samples of my fathers urine. The result came after a day and his urine has a lot of pus that is why he keeps on chilling and the doctor also said that there are a lot of possibilities where his chilling occurs because my dad has a complicated situation but don't worry let's all pray for the best. He was given a series of high dose of antibiotics and insulins, nebolizers and other medicines that is necessary for the treatment. right now, he's doing well, he is back to normal, no chilling anymore but the doctor is still giving regular shots of medicines and also the nurses keep on monitoring from time to time. I hope this will be OK and we can go home as soon as possible.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508