Friday, October 24, 2008

I experienced blindness during the Cebu City construction



Cebu City construction
Gate assembling
When I was arranging all my pictures in my computer files I was able to browse one of the files that contains pictures during our construction in Cebu City. I remembered when I was building a GI (galvanized Iron) gate then when accidentally after a few hours of welding with out using face mask as protection I was totally blind. A few hours ago before the incident had happened, I together with my workers decided to finish the job because there is still a single part of the gate left by the welder. I decided to finish the job so that by tomorrow will be our free time to buy our (Pasalubung) presents for the family. The following morning, we are packed up to go home in Davao City via Cagayan de Oro route. I was really upset during those time because I was totally blind. My co-worker assist me in everything I do. When we reach Cagayan de Oro around 6 in the morning, I was rushed to the nearest hospital for my eye check-up and the doctor who treated me said that my eye was totally burned on its outer layer but the good news was I can still have my vision back for three weeks treatment. After three weeks of treatment, my vision is back and there is one important lesson that I got out of theat incident that worker must have protection first before anything else during construction.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508