Sunday, November 23, 2008

My gift to my wife

As the old cliche goes, "Christmas is just around the corner" . Christmas is synonymous to gift giving. This Yuletide season I will buy my wife gift baskets to surprise her and it will be filled with kitchen gadgets for she spends a lot of time in the kitchen. To enumerate some of the items are:

An electric can opener is always handy, and everyone has cans that need opening. I like the ones that sit on the counter. I have a cordless electric can opener, but it's a little tricky to get set in place on the can. It would be a good idea to keep an old-fashioned, hand powered can opener around in case there is a power outage. They are also handy for taking camping or on picnics.
Any serious cook would welcome a spice grinder. The one I have is sturdy enough to grind coffee. Pepper mills are great for the table, but when the recipe calls for ground black pepper by the spoonful, the spice grinder can turn out the fresh product in seconds without a lot of wrist action. You can use it for turning dried chile pods into chile powder. Any spice releases flavor quicker the finer it is ground. This is just between the two of us and lets keep it a secret so my wife won't know what she will be receiving.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508