Monday, November 10, 2008

Dried fish in cebu is one of the many special delicacies that Cebuanos are really proud of

Cebu City has a lot of special delicacies. They are famous on their dried fish and shells. They also have "Chicharon" (Crispy deep fried pork fats). I was their for only three days. My purpose in staying Cebu is just to pay taxes in the real property of my father which is located at the heart of the city along Bonifacio street. I paid the tax and requested the new tax declaration. After I have finished all my job regarding the paper works, I immediately went to the Taboan public market where varieties of dried fish are very much available. There were a lot of dried fish namely the dried Squid, Dangit, bone type of dried fish, Dried palad, Tocino type of dried fish, and many more... Tourist both local and international keep on coming to this area because this is the only area where you can buy export quality of dried fish. Among all varieties of dried fish, I chose the bone type of dried fish for it was very unusual in presentation. As I arrived home in my hometown Davao City, I prepared and fried the bone type and as I taste it it is very delicious and crunchy. Now I know why people used to buy dried fish in Taboan Public market in Cebu. This is one of the many delicacies that Cebuanos are very proud of.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508