Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My router fails after 8 months of using

I have my D-Link router installed in my desktop computer to give access to an internet connection for my brother jun. Routers help a lot in saving money because you do not need to apply for another internet connection since routers serves as a splitter of the main internet connection. I am using this D-link router for almost 8 months now and until I experienced trouble last night when it's connection failed to operate. I tried to fix it all by myself and I perform interchanging cables to see what was the real cause of it's failure and I found out that it is the unit itself was not functioning well because when I plug on the adapter the power indicator sometimes will light and sometimes wont flash and I have also noticed that when I unplugged the cable connection from the router unit the indicator light that was unplugged still lights so that was a clear indication that this D-link router was damaged already and needs a replacement. I checked its box if it is still covered under warranty but unfortunately I was only given 6 months warranty from the time I bought it from the computer store. I bought this router 8 months ago so, warranty is not applicable already for it lapses 2 months already. All I can do is to bring this router unit to the computer store this afternoon where I bought it and let the store technician checked if there are still any remedies that they can do about it. I hope that they can fix my D-link router for it is very much expensive to buy a new one.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508