Monday, July 21, 2008

Restoring the old engine back to its condition









Yesterday, I have been working with my owner type jeep. I want it to restore its engine to its proper specifications. I asked my brother Junix regarding the restoration since this jeep needs a lot of work. He said (my brother) that OK! lets do it together. Since we are both professional mechanic, we started the job immediately. I prepared all the necessary tools and equipments and clean the area. We dismantle the whole engine and took the engine block away from the car body and place it in an area where we can proceed overhauling. We really do have a teamwork because we dismantled the engine in a short period of time. Maybe its because of, we have all the tools needed for the activity as a result, we didn't experience a time delay. All the parts are still intack and needs not to be replaced since this engine does not run after overhauling it two years ago. We just check all the engine parts, clean it and return on its correct order and give proper timing and proper clearances. At around 2PM in the afternoon. We have a problem about the piston insertion since my piston compressor was lost. I look for it in my tool room but there was none. so, what I did is, I ask my professor if he has an extra piston compressor so that I can proceed with my work. He look for one and fortunately he got one then, I immediately proceed with my work to avoid time delay. At exactly 4:30 in the afternoon, I together with my brother finished all the jobs. Thanks to that Piston compressor. It really helps a lot because if that tool is not made available we really both have a big problem because we cannot proceed with our assembling activity. This afternoon, I will still look for my lost piston compressor so that whenever I need it I dont need to barrow anymore to my fellow auto diesel mechanics.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508