Friday, July 18, 2008

Overhauling a Toyota engine


Yesterday is a very busy day for me because I was instructed by our technical school to dismantle and assemble a Toyota engine because I was given a task to perform as part of my school recovery. I, together with my brother Junix dismantle our Owner type jeep that has a 2R Toyota engine. I dismantle it very early so that we can assemble it before five O'clock. Our teacher Manuel Caipilan is staying with us to see how we perform the right procedures for dismantling and assembling the engine or shall I say overhauling. I can say that I really performed the task so easy for I overhauled that engine several times before we got a formal training in our school. We clean the engine first then, loosen the screws on its valve cover then remove the valve cover then, we remove the bolts that were holding the rocker arm then, we remove the rocker arm and loosen the cylinder head bolts and remove the cylinder head carefully. After that, I remove the cylinder head gasket and clean the block surface with a clean cloth. After that, I went down the engine to drain the oil. I carefully remove the drain plug to give way for the oil from the oil pan. I loosen the oil pan bolts to remove the oil pan from the block. then, I proceed to remove all the pistons and follow the correct procedures of removing the engine parts. I cleaned all the parts with gasoline then with detergent powder to clear them from greasy stuff. I just arrange all the removed parts to one place and when the engine is now a little bit lighter, we tied a rope from the top bar to remove the engine block from its place. After the engine activity I then concentrate on the underchasis. I removed its break drums and axles then remove the axle carrier. It is so easy to dismantle as long as you have the proper idea on what to do so that it would be systematic. Then, to make the story short, I finished the job before 5 O'clock. We assembled it back again and give the engine the proper adjustment the intake adjustments is .008 while the exhaust valve is .012. Its back to normal again. See engine overhauling is so easy as long as you have the proper tools and the proper procedure on how to do the job well. Thanks to my professor Manuel Caipilan because he adds a lot of my ideas and provides more techniques on how to do the job systematically.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508