Monday, November 12, 2007

My business turned to be my hobby


My parents when migrated here in Davao City from Cebu had no friends at all and no relatives to rely with. They have a little amount of cash to support their basic needs. They brought large potted roses to sell in order for them to earn a living. It is a hard life during those days they said, one day, people from government visited them and convinced them to participate in the (APODUWALING) FESTIVAL, now called Araw ng Davao to have their plants displayed in front of the church (San Pedro Cathedral Church) so that they will attract local visitors, as part of Local Government Tourism Project. My parents together with my grandmother grab that opportunity. Since then, they have a lot of customer that keeps on coming, some are from Surigao, Cotabato, Dadiangas, and Manila. To cut the long story short, they have made themselves a better life in Davao. They are blessed with 3 sibling and I'm the youngest. I'm also interested in collecting roses which comes in different colors and sizes. Some are climbing type and some are hybridtea type that comes in shocking colors. At first, collecting roses is one of my favorite hobbies but when people were coming to buy, I began to mass produce it and sell it to rose hobbyist. Right now, I have a rose garden in Davao which is located in Maligaya Subdivision in Catalunan Pequeno. A lot of my customers told me that roses is hard to grow, I told them it is easy to grow as long as you will give them the proper nutrient and care.

Here are some of my beautiful roses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow sir!
Those wonderful roses looks sooo pretty!
Do you own a flower shop?
that's really cool business!
Keep up the wonderful work you do.

Rody said...

WOW! aus na negosyo yan. pampaganda ng environment. Cheers!

RoSeLLe said...

Hey Noel! Thanks for the visit.

Your roses are so pretty. Wish I have green thumbs too :) By the way, I sure will add your link to my three blogs. TC!

Anonymous said...

It's impressing that a man like you possesses this kind of hobby. Would really love to visit your rose garden kung makauli mi dinha. Cheers, Noel!

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

wow, all around pa diay ka....not only foods also green....

i like roses too, the problem plants doesnt like me....

abi nimo, more i am excited to visit davao, labi na daghan nako ug nakaila dha dapit,
dako ra ba ang davao sa?

wa pa gyd mi kasuroy diha, hope someday maka bisita mi ug davao.....

regards and thanks for sharing....

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508