Friday, November 16, 2007

Farming is fun but It's really hot under the sun.

My Mango Farm

Every other day, I use to go to my mango farm that is located in Tacunan Mintal, Davao City. This Farm size is just 3.4 hectares and its fully planted with fruit bearing trees such as Mango,Durian, Sampalok from Thailand, Rambutan and Banana. I started to grow Mango trees in 1996, and right now, they are in their flowering stage. I personally manages its spraying schedules, from selecting the right chemicals for inducement and some insecticides and fungicides to prevent insects and fungus to enter, to chemical dilutions and spraying. There were many chemicals that I used but the basic chemicals are insecticides, fungicides and flower inducer.


Insecticides that I used:

Selecron
Cypermethrin
Cartap hydrochloride
Diazol
Pyrethrin

Fungicides that I used:

Benomyl
Pilarich
Benlate
Antracol
Dithane M-45
Alliete
Score from Syngenta products

These chemicals are used alternately to prevent chemical immunization.

If you have any questions regarding mango production, feel free to ask me co'z I'm very much willing to share my experiences in farming.
Mango trees in their flowering stage.

Mango flower stalks (19days)to be exact.

Private road leading to my matured mango trees.

Healthy flower stalks as a result of proper maintenance.

Back to home

10 comments:

Anna said...

wow noel kakugihan nimo io, nindut imoha mango farm. Mao gyud kapoy gyud trabaho sa farm no, agi gyud ko ana tong bata pa ko kay naa man me maisan sab trabaho, nindut baya sab mag trabaho io tapos makita nimo ang resulta sa imoha trabaho.

Hatage niya me tawon aning imoha mangga ha....

Anonymous said...

wow..nagutom gyod ko kita pamahaw...asa man ta leave ug message nimo oi..basin wala lng ko kita imo tag board..nice ni imo site..hatag mangga ha inag harvest..

belfast boy said...

noel,
good day! your mango trees looked really healthy. hope you'll have a bountiful harvest this season. i would like to ask you about fertilizing durian trees. what is the best fertilizer to use and how often would you fertilize in a year. your help will be very much appreciated. thanks. kent

Anonymous said...

ayay! pagkalami sa mangga nindot ni siya nga negosyo kay dili kaayo hago, sakto ba ko sir?! hago lang siguro inig mag spray.

Maka uli diay ko diha mangayo ra ko ug mangga nimo sir, libre lang ha! LOL

Unknown said...

I would appreciate your visit and on honest comment for me.Please visit and place a link for my blog into yours.I will later clarify about inbound and outbound links in a blog after some days in my blog.Please keep watching.And make sure you can place your blog into a famous blogger world.Dont forget to place a link for me.My blog is kasakk.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I would appreciate your visit and on honest comment for me.Please visit and place a link for my blog into yours.I will later clarify about inbound and outbound links in a blog after some days in my blog.Please keep watching.And make sure you can place your blog into a famous blogger world.Dont forget to place a link for me.My blog is kasakk.blogspot.com
I am from blogcatalog.See my profile there http://www.blogcatalog.com/user/manas28

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

kadako sa imong mango plantation, noel, kung makabisita mi nimo, pakan-an or patilawa nya mi ha?

tapos makapalit mi sa imong fresh n dried mango, my discount nya ha?
sus dia na pod ning pinoy batasan...lol

hope to visit you n your farm in davao.......

thanks for sharing

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

diay noel, bernie likes very much this dried mangoes, nga gikan diha sa atoa,

kada uli namo or anybody mouli dha nya closed namo, magpadala ko mao lagi makaikog kay bug-at man.

b4 palit mi aning naa sa supermart, nga gamayara sulod, ambot unsa to nga brand basta made in Cebu.

karon duna mi nakita, mapalit lang sa Divisoria, 1 kl sulod sa isa ka pkg, galing lang way NO NAME man, pero haskang lamia, pareha ra man sa mapalit sa supertmart,

barato pa kay sa markt mapalait....imagine kl. tag 500-600 psos ra man siguro to.

kiring akong bana, mora ug mahurot nya ang 1 pkg, isang kaonan lang kay lami kono.

hadlok lang kay way description or nakasulat or name sa firm, basin unsa ni gigama ani or basin unsa ang preservatives ani, balo naka dha, di kaayo strict ani, dili pareha diri nga very strict....

hope makatilaw mi sa imong mga products......

Jonalyn MIral said...

Hi kuya Noel,
ako c jonalyn from leyte. pwede mangutana kung unsa ang imo gigamit nga flower inducer? Pwede na sya sa mga flowers like sunflower?
I really need your response.
wala man gud ko kahibaw sa mga unducer kay 14 pa man gud ko. naa man sab mi repoting. mag patabang unta ko nimo..........

Anonymous said...

buy valium roche valium online uk - buy valium with mastercard

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508