Friday, September 12, 2008

A gardener by heart


I am an auto diesel mechanic by profession and a gardener by heart. I collect different varieties of plants both local and imported varieties. I love to see them grow and gives flush of flowers. I also propagate them from time to time to produce more of their kind. there are plants that can be propagated through cuttings, marcotting, grafting and budding. I myself in my farm do cutting because it is the simplest way of producing plants specially the foliage one but there are plants that doesn't grow on cutting production. Some plants prefer grafting while some prefer the vacuum type of production where plant stems are placed in a sealed containers for a couple of months to grow.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=3a7852f97ecdf71852409e13efdd9508